Russell Street Historical WalkVisit Website
Attractions and Tours / Heritage / Russell Street Historical Walk
Originally known as Farm Road, Russel Street is studded with fine examples of 19th century architecture. As a dirt track, it was used by squatters from the west to transport their sheep and cattle to Brisbane for sale and return with supplies to their properties.
By 1954 it was renamed Russell Street after Henry Stuart Russell, a man of many talents whose occupations included grazier, explorer, politician, author and gentleman.
The self-guided walk is 2.5km long and will take approximately an hour to complete.
Russell St Toowoomba Queensland 4350
russell st toowoomba