Tourism Darling Downs
Schedule for the Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers Instagram Promotion
|Promotion Name||Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers Harvey Norman Competition|
|Promoter||Tourism Darling Downs ABN 619 123 429 of No. 10 Chronicle Arcade, 191 Margaret St Toowoomba 4350|
|Permit Numbers||Not applicable|
|Promotion Period||The Promotion starts at 8:00am AEST on 1/09/2018.|
The Promotion closes at 12:00pm AEST on 30/09/2018. No entries will be accepted after this time.
|Entry Restrictions||Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older at the commencement of the Promotion.|
Entrants less than 18 years of age must have the consent of their parent or guardian in order to enter. By entering this Promotion, entrants confirm that they have consent, and the Promoter reserves the right to verify this.
|Verification Requirements||The Promoter reserves the right to verify the residency status of the entrants.|
|Entry Procedure||To enter, entrants must, during the Promotion Period:|
1. have an Instagram account;
2. Upload a photo of Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers, preferably with no faces recognisable
3. Tag @harveynormanau and @visitdarlingdowns in the image
4. Include the hashtags #canon and #tcof18
5. Allow Tourism Darling Downs to utilise the photo for promotional purposes.
|Draw Details||Date: 30/09/2018|
|Time: 1:00pm AEST|
|Location: Tourism Darling Downs; No. 10 Chronicle Arcade, 191 Margaret St Toowoomba 4350|
|Draw Method: Post with the most likes at 1pm on 30th September|
* No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for any variation in the value of the Prize.
|Total Prize Pool||$|
|Prize Restrictions/Exclusions (if any)||Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash and must not be on-sold.|
Each Prize, once provided to the winner, is the responsibility of the winner and if lost or damaged will not be replaced by Harvey Norman, Canon Australia or Tourism Darling Downs.
Prize winners will not receive a replacement Prize if they fail to use their Prize at the time, or within the timeframe, applicable to the Prize.
|Notification and Publication of Winners||Winners will be notified by private Facebook message, on 30 September 2018.|
Prize winners’ names will be published on the Promoter’s website at and on the Promoter’s Facebook page on 1st October 2018.
|Prize Claim||Prizes must be claimed by no later than 4:00pm on Friday, 14 October 2018.|
Prizes are to be collected from Harvey Norman Toowoomba at 910-932 Ruthven Street, Toowoomba QLD. 4350
Tourism Darling Downs
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers Harvey Norman Competition
- These terms and the Schedule form the Conditions of Entry for this Promotion, and set out all of the information you need to know regarding this Promotion. Capitalised terms have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless otherwise stated. If there’s any inconsistency between these terms and the Schedule, then what’s in the Schedule is correct. By submitting your entry, you agree that these Conditions of Entry apply to your entry.
- The promoter is Tourism Darling Downs (ABN 619 123 429) of 10 Chronicle Arcade, 191 Margaret St Toowoomba 4350 (‘Promoter’, ‘we’, ‘us’).
- Any updates to these Conditions of Entry will be subject to regulatory approval, and will be published on our website visitdarlingdowns.com.au so it’s important to check these Conditions of Entry regularly.
Who can enter … and who can’t
- The eligibility requirements for this Promotion are set out in the Entry Restrictions. Directors, managers, employees, officers, agents and contractors of the Promoter, and their immediate families (ie spouse, partner, parent, grandparent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent)) are ineligible to enter.
How to enter
- To enter, you must follow the Entry Procedure.
- We will not accept entries which are incomplete, illegible, or which are generated by computers or other automated means.
- We reserve the right to disqualify your entry in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry or if, in our reasonable opinion, you tamper or interfere with an entry mechanism in any way.
- If the Promotion cannot run for reasons beyond our control (for example, infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, or technical failures), we reserve the right to cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion (subject to regulatory approval). If that happens, we’ll select a winner from eligible entries received at the time.
- All decisions made by us regarding any aspect of the Promotion are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize(s) are set out in the Prize Details and are subject to any restrictions specified in the Prize Restrictions/Exclusions. Prize values are accurate as at the commencement date of the Promotion. Any variation after that date is beyond our control. All costs, fees, charges or expenses associated with the prize(s), which are not specified in the Schedule, are the responsibility of the winner(s).
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. If for any reason a prize is not available, we will substitute it for another prize of equal or higher value (in our discretion), subject to regulatory approval.
How winners are chosen and notified
- Draw Details are set out in the Schedule. We will notify winners, and publish their names, in accordance with the Notification and Publication of Winners information set out in the Schedule.
How to claim prizes
- Prizes are to be collected as set out in the schedule.
- If (having made reasonable efforts) we cannot contact a prize winner, or if any prize is not accepted or claimed by the Prize Claim Date, we will conduct an Unclaimed Prize Draw (subject to any directions given by relevant gaming authorities).
- We will notify winners of any Unclaimed Prize Draw, and publish their names, in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Draw details specified in the Schedule.
- At our request, prize winners (and their companion(s), if applicable) must sign (or ensure that their parent/guardian signs) an indemnity and exclusion of liability form provided by us. If a winner (or their parent/guardian) does not sign that form within the time specified by us, they will not be able to participate and that winner’s entry or prize claim will be declared invalid. If a winner’s entry is declared invalid prior to the Prize Claim Date, we may select a new winner in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Draw.
- If you are a winner, you are responsible for your use of the prize, including complying with all relevant laws and any applicable terms and conditions of use.
Promoter’s use of entries and personal information
- On submission, entries become the property of the Promoter. By entering this Promotion, you consent to us using your entry in any media for an unlimited period without compensation for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by us.
- If requested by us, each winner must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge. If you are a winner, you consent to us using your name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without compensation for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by us. If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must give us this consent on your behalf.
General stuff (boring but important)
- We accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. We have no control over telephone communications, networks or lines and accept no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. We are not liable for any consequences of user error including any costs incurred.
- You acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the Promotion or the prize and that participation in the Promotion or the prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering this Promotion and/or accepting the prize, you accept that risk for yourself and for your companion(s) (if applicable).
- You will be responsible for any tax liability associated with a prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or any relevant blog platform. You understand that you are providing your information to us and not to Facebook, Instagram, or any relevant blog platform. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to us and not to Facebook, Instagram, or any relevant blog platform. Facebook, Instagram, or any relevant blog platform will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury, which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prizes or this Promotion. We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning a prize.
- We are not responsible for use of a prize which results in:
- loss that was not reasonably foreseeable;
- loss that was not caused by the our breach of these Conditions of Entry or by our negligence;
- business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers;
- losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control (such as faults in third party equipment); and
- any loss caused, or contributed to, by an entrant’s breach of these Conditions of Entry or an entrant’s negligence.
These Conditions of Entry are governed by the laws of Queensland.