1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of consistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
3. Subject to the clauses below, entry is open to entrants 18 years of age and over. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
4. Employees, and their immediate families of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin.
5. The Promoter is Tourism Darling Downs Pty Ltd ABN 64 092 683 568 (the Promoter). The Promoter’s address is McKinney House, Level 1, 487 Ruthven Street, Toowoomba, Qld, 4350.
How to enter
6. To enter, eligible entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below):
a. Send an SMS to 0427 206 526 with their name, email and 25 words or less explaining why they would love to win this prize; or
b. Complete the online competition form at www.visitdarlingdowns.com.au/win with their name, contact number, email and 25 words or less explaining why they would love to win this prize.
7. By submitting an entry into this competition, entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt out at any time by following the instructions included in each message from the Promoter.
8. SMS entry will not exceed standard costs (as per agreement entrant has with their service provider), including GST per SMS. Entrants must SMS from their own phone.
9. Entrants must ensure that all care is taken when sending SMS messages to enter this promotion, to ensure the structure of the SMS message exactly follows the instructions provided. It is the entrant’s responsibility to SMS the correct number. Entrants may not submit an SMS entry using a computer or automated program. The Promoter will not be liable for costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error. Any entries submitted after the Promotional Period has ended will not be included in the draw and if entered via SMS will still incur their service provider charge (as per agreement with their service provider); this also applies to entrants who have not followed the instructions.
10. Entries received by SMS and via the online form will be deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not the time that they were sent by the entrant.
Number of entries permitted
11. Only one entry per person will be permitted into the competition. That is either via one SMS or one online form completion, not both. Entrants found to be submitting multiple entries may have all entries invalidated.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
12. The competition commences at 8 am on 8 September 2017 and closes at 5 pm on 16 October 2017. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the promotional period as outlined above.
13. The competition winner will be selected by Tourism Darling Downs, CEO, Ruth Wetmore, at 11 am on 19 October 2017 at the Head Office; Toowoomba, 4350. Times quoted are local times to the location of the Promoter.
14. There will be one (1) winner who will be chosen from all eligible entries received. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The above named winner has the choice to select five (5) adults to accompany them on their experience. These accompanying adults will be subject to the same terms and conditions as the identified winner in section 13.
16. The winner will be notified by phone within two business days of the draw.
17. If the winner is unable to be contacted within three weeks of the draw, a redraw will occur. In the event that a redraw is required, it will be held by Tourism Darling Downs on 9 November 2017 at 2 pm at Head Office, Toowoomba, 4350 and the redraw winner will be notified using the details provided by the winner when they entered the competition.
Prize on offer
18. The winner and accompany adults (prizewinners), will receive a two-night, three-day travel experience throughout the Darling Downs region with five friends/family to the value of $15,000, including road transport, nightly accommodation and meals. The total maximum number of people is 6 (six) adults. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
19. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
20. The prizewinner (s) acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier (s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties, including but not limited to the dates the travel experience will occur, duration in locations, accommodation options. The promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the prizewinners and the individual prize supplier (s), and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prizewinner(s) as a result of the prizewinner’s decision to accept the prize.
21. The promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional items incurred by winners outside the prize description, including but not limited to travel to Toowoomba (flight, car, bus), accommodation expenses and food expenses outside the conditions of the prize. Winners are responsible for organising their own transport to Toowoomba and from Toowoomba.
22. In participating in the prize activity, the winner (s) agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorials relating to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. The winner(s) agree to grant the Promoter and its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in any media or other organisation.
23. Winners consent to the Promoter and its related entities using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a prizewinner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
Privacy collection statement
Further terms and conditions
25. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (Promoter’s Agents) and prizewinners will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prizewinner and to any persons accompanying the prizewinners.
26. The promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as listed. If the prize (or element of the prize), is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from regulatory authorities.
27. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, or the security, fairness or integrity of the competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to regulatory and legal requirements.
28. We reserve the right to change any terms contained in these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
29. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
30. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.