Border BridgeVisit Website
Attractions and Tours / Heritage / Border Bridge
Spanning the MacIntyre River, the Border Bridge was the main hub for freight crossing between New South Wales and Queensland. The original wooden bridge was constructed between 1879 and 1880, and survived the 1890 flood. It was replaced in 1914 by the present steel bridge and was the main crossing point between NSW and Queensland until the new bridge opened in 1992.